Welcome to Australian Clinical Labs Functional Pathology
Australian Clinical Labs Functional Pathology, formerly known as ARL Functional Pathology and later Healthscope Functional Pathology, provides specialised laboratory testing services to Functional Medicine practitioners and their patients. Our goal is to assist practitioners and patients in achieving and maintaining optimal health.
Welcome to our website which contains instructions and further information for Functional Medicine practitioners and patients. Click on the menu above to view our range of tests, how to order and further relevant information.
What is Functional Pathology?
- Functional pathology tests are used in the investigations of functional, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status
- Results provide essential information to assist the practitioner in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients seeking a holistic approach to health
- Tests are designed so patients can collect specimens in the privacy of their own homes
- Functional Pathology testing provides a tool for early intervention, management and monitoring of ongoing treatment efficacy
When to Use Functional Pathology?
- As part of a holistic approach in determining the baseline status of your patients prior to treatment.
- To determine the baseline status of your patients prior to treatment, as part of a holistic approach
- To meet patient expectations for quality scientific testing and to encourage patient responsibility for their own health
- To monitor patient progress and treatment efficacy
- For Specialised laboratory testing for the patient presenting with chronic unresolved symptoms and/or conditions
- When trying to establish the cause of disease or imbalances
Why Choose Australian Clinical Labs?
- Scientific integrity: Our tests are performed within a comprehensive NATA accredited laboratory staffed by a team of highly experienced and skilled scientists and technicians
- Medically driven clinical support When required, we have a team of 90 pathologists on staff to assist in interpretation and clinical decision making
- Superior technical support: Our expert team of dedicated Technical Advisors is available full time to assist practitioners in the selection of tests and interpretation of results to ensure their maximum clinical value
- Market leader and significant history of quality: supporting the practice of Functional Medicine since 1974
- Convenience: Our tests are designed such that wherever possible, patients can may collect specimens in the privacy of their own homes. For tests requiring a blood specimen, Australian Clinical Labs Functional Pathology patients have the convenience of blood collection at one of our extensive network of Approved Pathology collection centres at no additional charge
- Practitioner education and resources: Our practitioner manual [Hyperlink] is recognised as a leading resource in assisting practitioners in diagnosis and the effective use of diagnostics in clinical practice.