Very recent changes to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) have resulted in the COVID-19 screening test, for asymptomatic interstate drivers of heavy vehicles, now being eligible for Medicare cover.
A new temporary MBS item number has been made available, which allows the bulk billing of SARS-CoV-2 testing for asymptomatic workers who are required to travel interstate as a driver of a heavy vehicle.
- Eligible drivers can access the service on a voluntary basis by visiting one of our specialised COVID-19 screening centres.
- The test requires a pathology request form, these are conveniently available at our collection centres.
- Patient must bring with them their valid Medicare card.
- Patients are required to present at Approved Pathology Collection Centre with evidence they are employed, hired or contracted to travel interstate as a driver of a heavy vehicle.
The benefits of choosing Clinical Labs for COVID-19 testing
We encourage your business to use Clinical Labs for this testing as we have in place an existing streamlined COVID-19 screening service. We understand that in this industry businesses require COVID-19 testing to be completed quickly and efficiently.
- Conveniently located testing sites
- Quality service and fast turnaround times
- Efficient SMS results delivery
To locate our COVID-19 collection centres, please visit clinicallabs.com.au/location and select 'COVID-19 Centre' from the 'All Facilities' dropdown menu.
In addition to our COVID-19 screening sites advertised on our website, we have added additional Clinical Labs sites in Victoria – to exclusively service our commercial and pre-operative patients.
As with all our testing, our laboratories are accredited to the highest international standards by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA) and boast world-class experience and reputation.