Keep up to date with the latest updates regarding Australian Clinical Labs’ takeover offer for Healius Limited:
Information for Referrers, Clinics & Clients
On March 20th, Australian Clinical Labs announced its intention to make a takeover bid for Healius Limited. This proposed merger represents a compelling opportunity that would result in better customer outcomes for both the Clinical Labs and Healius businesses. Through the merging of the two companies, it would increase the capacity to invest and innovate on a truly global basis. Importantly, the merger would provide our service the benefit of scale to improve patient service and diagnostic offerings, processes, and long-term sustainability.
The pathology industry in Australia has faced significant challenges over several years due to funding constraints. The proposed combined organisation would become the largest pathology provider in Australia, and we are excited by the potential to add diagnostic imaging to our portfolio, as we position for growth of this business via service enhancements and investment in new technologies. This increased scale and scope would allow us to provide:
- More sustainable regional services and enhanced regional access through the combined laboratory networks
- Investment in bringing new diagnostic tests and services to Australia
- Enhanced personalised medicine applications and developments
- Fully automated end-to-end paperless solutions, enabling a more streamlined customer experience, real-time sample tracking and enhanced result personalisation
- Creation of diagnostic centres of excellence around key areas such as genetics and pharmacogenomics
Currently there remain a number of steps that need to take place until the acquisition is completed, including shareholder approvals of both companies, ACCC and other regulatory approvals.
In the meantime, it remains business as usual. There will be no change or impact to service delivery. We are excited about this new opportunity for Australian Clinical Labs and look forward to bringing you any important updates in the future. If you have any queries in regard to this announcement please direct them to your local client services representative.