For safety and well-being
Drug and Alcohol misuse is estimated to cost Australian businesses billions of dollars annually and increases the risk of accidents and incidents in the workplace.
Through Workplace Health and Safety Legislation, employers have the responsibility to:
- Provide a healthy and safe working environment
- Identify and manage hazards in the workplace
Employers can be proactive by undertaking the detection and management of the risks associated with misuse of recreational drugs and alcohol amongst employees and contractors.
Australian Clinical Labs works in cooperation with occupational health physicians, unions and employees by providing this service in a sensitive and professional manner. Clinical Labs offers a comprehensive national drug and alcohol testing service and provides nationally accredited staff, on-site drug collection and laboratory screening and confirmation testing.
Why Conduct a Drug test or Alcohol Test?
Improve workplace safety
- Fewer accidents and disciplinary actions
- Increased workforce morale
- Assist employees to overcome or modify their patterns of use of such substances
- Reduction in absenteeism
- Earlier detection and resolution of problems affecting job performance
- Reduction in product/service defects
- Reduction in health, property and liability insurance costs
- Reduction in workers compensation claims
- Decreased costs associated with hiring and training new employees
Why Choose Clinical Labs?
Clinical Labs, in cooperation with occupational health physicians, unions and employees, provides workplace drug screening services in a sensitive and professional manner. Clinical Labs is one of Australia’s largest and longest-established pathology service providers. With over 90 laboratories and almost 1000 patient centres across Australia, we process more than three million tests every year. Clinical Labs is accredited to the highest standards by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA) and boasts world-class experience and reputation.
Australian Clinical Labs offers:
- Fully accredited (AS/NZS 4308:2008) collection staff in all States for on-site collection and laboratory-based testing
- Collection, labelling and transport of samples are carried out according to strict ‘Chain of Custody’ protocols as per National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) guidelines for AS/NZS 4308:2008
- Provision for pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as comprehensive, random, for cause, post incident and return to work testing
- Laboratories are fully NATA accredited to AS/NZS 4308:2008 for Screening and Confirmation utilising Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry.
- Staff training to AS/NZS 4308:2008 and AS 4760:2006
- On-site and laboratory adulteration testing
- Education and advice on policy development and implementation
Specific Drug + Alcohol Services:
Clinical Labs is proud to partner with employers around Australia to help implement and support drug-free workplace programs. With the support of state of the art devices and expert advice from specialists, we can provide on-site and laboratory-based screening and testing.
On-site testing is both time-saving and efficient, allowing greater integration of a drug-free workplace program. With no travel time or queues, implementing this program will not interfere with daily operations. Most importantly it allows earlier detection of affected employees, therefore reducing the risk to other employees and the workplace.
For on-site testing we can provide:
- Point of Care (POC) testing devices (Urine + Saliva) for on-the-spot drug testing.
- Tamper evident Urine Collection Kits
- Alcohol testing – Breath Alcohol, AS3547:1997 accredited equipment
- Laboratory screening and Confirmation of the 5 drug classes included in AS/NZS 4308:2008:
- Cannabinoids (i.e. marijuana)
- Amphetamine Substances (e.g. speed, ecstasy)
- Benzodiazepines (valium etc.)
- Opiates (e.g. heroin, morphine)
- Testing for other drugs upon request (e.g. Barbiturates, Methadone, Phencyclidine)
- Audit of worksite focusing on collection facilities to ensure it meets AS/NZS 4308:2008 requirements
- Specimen collection arrangements to suit individual company needs
Clinical Labs also has almost 1000 collection centres across Australia, available for sample collection. We also offer specialist and medical advice from industry professionals, and support in the case of a legal challenge, ensuring additional peace of mind.