A CPD program that benefits your practice and your patients
At Australian Clinical Labs, we understand that the ongoing management of diabetes can be complex, so we offer you the innovative Diabetes Clinical Evaluation Program – designed to help you easily manage and provide clinical care for your patients living with diabetes, while also earning Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.
Our Diabetes Clinical Evaluation Program allows you to:
- Earn 10 CPD Measuring Outcomes hours + 10 CPD Reviewing Performance hours per year
- Meet the improvement measures required for the Practice
Incentives Program Quality Improvement (PIP QI) Incentive
1. Proportion of patients with diabetes with a current glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) result.1
- Meet the RACGP standards required for Practice Accreditation
GP2.2D Our practice initiates and manages patient reminders.2
Our specially designed program provides doctors with the support needed to create better outcomes for patients, allowing those who refer diabetes pathology to Clinical Labs to closely monitor the health of their patients with ease.
Register online for 2024
Dramatically improve patient recall with the click of a button
Our unique program has already been seamlessly incorporated into the day-to-day practice of thousands of general practitioners nationwide, and has helped those doctors achieve impressive patient recall results.
If you are a current Clinical Labs referrer, simply enrol in the program and you will be provided access to your program data highlighting patients who are due for their recommended 6-monthly HbA1c monitoring.
You can also track your progress throughout the program, against that of your state peers, with our quick reference tables and graphs.
Reduce administrative time and cost
Doctors who may not have the administrative support required for following up on patients for review can use our customised patient reminder service.
By logging into our user-friendly web portal you can choose to send your patients customised reminder letters through the Clinical Labs mail house – leaving you with more time for patient care.
Our Diabetes Clinical Evaluation Program seeks to make the clinically recommended monitoring of diabetes seamless for both doctor and patient, creating a consistent and reliable review schedule for people living with diabetes. Patients attend the same practice for consultations and follow-up appointments – allowing consistent patient monitoring and optimisation of care.
Earn 20 CPD hours per year
Annual Criteria for CPD Program Qualification
- 40 HbA1c tests (recommended)
- 4 program views/logins (recommended)
- Reflection activity completed (mandatory)
CPD Recognition (RACGP & ACRRM)
- 10 CPD Measuring Outcomes hours per year
- 10 CPD Reviewing Performance hours per year
1. Create a diabetes specific patient recall system to improve the pathology review process for your patients living with diabetes.
2. Employ best practice clinical guidelines for the frequency of pathology monitoring your patients with diabetes.
3. Compare the management of your patients with diabetes against that of your state peers.
4. Propose collaborative strategies to positively influence the management outcomes of your patients living with diabetes.
How to participate
Join thousands of Australian GPs
1. How to register
Register online now. Complete our digital registration form by visiting clinicallabs.com.au/diabetesregistration.
2. Activate your account
Once your registration has been processed, you will be sent an email with access instructions allowing you to activate your account. You can then email your practice logo to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the recall correspondence to your patients.
3. Log in and view the list of your patients due for monitoring
Once your account is activated, you can log in any time and view the list of your patients due for monitoring in a secure, real-time environment, and generate recall letters as necessary.
4. Monitor your monthly progress
You will receive regular email reminders to view your current list of patients requiring follow up, as well as downloadable reports, monthly progress charts and more. Simply click on the link provided in the email to log in.