MyDNA at Clinical Labs
MyDNA identifies the functional capacity of specific Phase II detoxification enzymes. The report details whether metabolisation via these enzymes is slow, reduced, normal and fast.
The report also indicates the enzyme’s reduced capacity via a percentage grading and details how this will affect certain medicines and whether adverse reactions may manifest. The results provide recommendations on particular drug classes and how well they are metabolized by the patient. This detailed information on how each enzyme metabolizes can be useful to natural medicine practitioners when utilizing herbal and supplemental prescriptions. An understanding of how well a patient can metabolize certain chemical classes can be transferred to how well a patient can tolerate and how useful certain herbal constituents can be to treatment.
MyDNA is a one-off, pharmacogenomic test which identifies gene variants in four major enzyme systems that metabolise commonly prescribed medications. MyDNA identifies how your patient’s individual genetic structure determines their response to the medication so you can prescribe the most suitable drug and dosage.
The testing details the function of the following Phase II enzymes:
The testing details metabolisation rates of the following chemical classes:
- Mood/mental health modulators
- Skeletal and smooth muscle relaxants and contractors
- Insulin regulators/antihyperglycemic
- Reduce adverse drug reactions
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce wasted cost on ‘trial and error’ medicines
- Once in a lifetime test – any subsequent treatment can be tailored to the patient’s needs
MyDNA may be beneficial when prescribing the following medications:
- Antidepressants & Analgesics
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Warfarin & Clopidogrel
Which patients will benefit from MyDNA testing?
- Patients experiencing side effects to specific medications
- Patients not responding to specific medications
- Patients requiring doses outside the recommended range
- Patients planning to start on a new medication
Once the practitioner has given the patient their request form, the patient takes it to their nearest Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre
Within ten working days you will receive your patient’s individual MyDNA report which will discuss the results and implications on their current medications and prescriptions.