Recommendations After Blood Collection
To reduce the likelihood of side effects such as bleeding, discomfort, swelling or bruising, please follow these simple precautions.
- Leave the dressing strip in place for 30 minutes to an hour.
For the Rest of the Day
- Avoid tight or restrictive clothing on the arm
- If bleeding occurs, apply firm pressure with your fingers directly over the needle site
- Avoid strenuous use of the arm eg sports or heavy lifting
- If you have discomfort or swelling of the arm, elevate your arm and place ice over the site for 10 minutes. Rest the arm as much as possible.