- An appointment is not required. Fasting is not required.
- Smoking is not known to affect results.
- Compliance with drug therapy cessation is required. See below.
- Collect a random stool specimen (walnut size) in a brown/white sterile faecal container.
- Keep at room temperature.
- Return specimen to any Australian Clinical Laboratories Collection Centre on day of collection.
- 1x Brown or White Specimen Container
- Available from any Australian Clinical Laboratories Collection Centre or your doctor.
Drug Therapy CessationIt is recommended the following drugs be stopped two weeks before Stool Antigen Testing.
Antibiotics / Antibacterials:
Amoxycillin, Doxycycline, Klacid, Flagyl, Denol.
Proton Pump Inhibitors:
Zoton, Losec /Acimax, Somac, Nexium.
Tagamet/Magicul/Sigmetadine/Cimetimax/Cimehexal, Cimetidine, Zantac/Rani 2/Dbl Ranitidine, Ranitidine Pepcidine/ Pepcid/ Amfamox, Famotidine Tazac, Nizatidine.
The collection staff are required to check your details (surname, first given name, date of birth and date and time of collection on the container label) against the pathology request form to ensure the sample is matched to the doctor’s request. This is done to ensure the safety and security of reporting your test results.