Test only available in NSW & VIC. An appointment is necessary which will be made either late morning or early afternoon Monday to Friday. Please call your nearest Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre to arrange a time
- If you use an inhaler, avoid using it for four hours prior to the test.
- You will need to bring your inhaler with you on the appointed date.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal prior to appointment.
- Avoid smoking for 4-6 hours prior to appointment.
- Avoid wearing restrictive clothing on day of appointment.
- The test may take from 30-60 minutes to perform. You will be asked to breathe into a tube which is attached to a machine that measures your lung capacity.
- Medicare will be billed if you are on a short-acting inhaler eg. Ventolin. If you are on a long acting inhaler eg. Seretide or Becotide or no inhaler at all, then a fee will be charged on the appointment day.
This test is collected at limited Collection Centres.