- 4 days prior to test, abstain from all sexual activity.
- Obtain specimen by masturbation. Do not use a condom or any form of lubricant.
- Collect the entire specimen into a clear, sterile, plastic yellow-top container.
- Write your surname, first given name, date of birth and the date/time of collection on the container label.
- Keep specimen at approximately body temperature.
- Return the specimen and request form directly to the nearest Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre that is attached to a Laboratory within 1 - 1.5 hours of collection. Call 1300 453 688 for the location of your nearest lab.
Collection of Semen Post-Vasectomy
Collection instructions are the same as above, but check with your surgeon as a period of abstinence may not be required. The specimen can be delivered promptly to an Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre and from there transported quickly to our laboratory.
- 1 x 70ml Yellow-top Container
- Available from any Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre or your doctor.
Please return the specimen with the following information:
Patient's full name
Number of days of abstinence from intercourse
Test for: Fertility/Post Vasectomy
Date of collection
Time of collection