Please select your view
Note: Only to be ordered with a CDSA kit. If you require a Faecal Multiplex PCR without a CDSA, please select Faecal Multiplex (PCR)
Faecal Multiplex Polymerase Chain reaction (PCR) Test helps to identify targeted pathogens. This testing can identify significantly smaller samples of pathogen fragments. This test can drastically increase the identification of harder to detect and less common pathogens such as: Dientamoeba fragilis, Enterovirus, Rotavirus A & B, Giardia and Entamoeba to name a few. However helminth infections are not detected by Faecal PCR testing.
This test does not require multiple stool collections or the use of preservatives. This test only requires one stool sample in the morning or earliest bowel movement of the day. This test can be done as part of a Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA). The practitioner should indicate on the request form if this testing should be done in conjunction with a CDSA.
• 50ml brown plastic stool jar
• 1 x specimen bag
• Padded postage satchel
• If you are currently taking antibiotics, only proceed with this collection two weeks after you have finished the course of the antibiotic therapy.
• Follow your usual diet prior to collecting the stool sample for testing.
• The stool sample should be collected in the morning; otherwise the first movement of the day.
• Natural laxatives can be used if constipation is problem. This includes herbal and nutritional supplements. Do not use pharmaceutical laxatives as these medication can alter results.