Please select your view
The female baseline & adrenal hormone profile is a saliva test.
The Adrenal Hormone Profile monitors changes in the body over one day, measuring the hormones Cortisol and DHEA-S. The Baseline Hormone Profile test is performed from the 6:00am saliva specimen.
• Pre-menopausal women - collect specimen on day 21.
• Menopausal/Post-menopausal women - collect specimen on any day.
Hormones tested in Females
• Oestrone (E1) x1
• Oestradiol (E2) x1
• Oestriol (E3) x1
• Progesterone x1
• Testosterone x1
• DHEA-S x1
• Cortisol x4
• 4 x 10ml plastic tube
• Plastic sample bag
• Padded postage satchel
This test requires four saliva samples taken over the course of a day. Four sample throughout the day ensures a clearer reading of how cortisol is functioning throughout the day. The times for sample collection are as follows (this can be altered at the practitioner’s discretion).
1. Between 6-8am
2. 12pm (midday)
• You do not need to discontinue supplements to complete this test unless directed by your practitioner
• If you use hormone creams, wait 12 hours after the last dose before collecting saliva
• If you use a troche (a small lozenge placed in the mouth) wait 3 days after the last dose before collecting saliva. Not: an alternative form of bio identical hormone replacement therapy such as a vaginal pessary or cream can be used during this time. If unsure, please consult your practitioner.