The Clinical Labs COVID-19 PCR Test for Travel provides travellers with a downloadable results certificate, which includes the details listed below, allowing you to meet travel requirements prior to boarding.
At Clinical Labs, we use the reverse transcriptase (RT) polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method, which is a type of nucleic acid testing, for our COVID-19 PCR test. PCR testing is considered the gold standard for detecting the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus for diagnosis of COVID-19.
Testing of asymptomatic travellers for COVID-19 is conducted by one of our specially trained pathology collectors, at one of our Travel Collection Centres, where strict health and safety protocols are followed.
Benefits of COVID-19 testing with Clinical Labs include:
Specific collection centres for travel testing
Results available within 24-48 hours of testing
SMS notification when result is available
Downloadable results certificate
To get your Clinical Labs COVID-19 Test for Travel, simply follow these four easy steps:
- Order your test (create an account and pay for the COVID-19 test online)
- Print your personalised COVID-19 pathology referral/receipt
- Visit a Clinical Labs Travel Collection Centre
- Receive result (receive SMS notification that your result is ready and log back into store.clinicallabs.com.au to access your downloadable results certificate
Important:You will need to check with your airline as to the COVID-19 travel testing requirements prior to departure.
Important: A doctor referral is not required. You will be emailed a referral form once you purchase your test.
Important: By accessing our patient portal you agree to our Terms and Conditions and the points below:
- COVID-19 tests for travel are for asymptomatic travellers ONLY (I have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, including but not limited to, fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath).
- I have not been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case, or a returned overseas traveller, in the last 14 days.
- COVID-19 travel tests are not eligible for a Medicare rebate.
- When ordering your test, please ensure you use the name that appears on your passport.
- When ordering your test and creating your account, you MUST use your Australian address (or where you are currently staying in Australia). Overseas addresses will not be accepted.
- I agree to be contacted about my test results via SMS and phone (if required).
- If my test result is negative but I develop COVID-19 symptoms prior to my departure, I agree to seek medical advice as to whether I am fit to travel.
- I understand that my test may need to be repeated or sent to another lab for follow-up testing due to an invalid/unclear result or technical error (occurs in less than 1% of COVID-19 test).
- I understand that a negative test does not always mean that an individual does not have COVID-19 (the sample may have been collected too early following exposure) and a positive test does not always mean an individual has COVID-19.
- The receipt/referral that you will be emailed after purchasing the test, must not be duplicated in any way. Duplication of a referral will result in additional fees and a delay in result delivery.
For FAQs in relation to our COVID testing for travel, click here
For any queries relating to our COVID-19 testing for travel, please call 1300 576 258
Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm AEST
Sat, Sun & VIC Public Holidays: 9am-5pm AEST