Please select your view
CDSA Level 5 includes the Macroscopy, Microscopy, Bacteriology, Mycology and 3 Day Parasitology. This test reports on pathogenic and imbalanced colonizing organisms in the gut, as well as beneficial flora. Like the CDSA Level 4, this test is performed over 3 days in order to increase likelihood of parasitic identification.
This test is indicated when there is suspected parasitic infection and dysbiosis. This test does not assess for Biomarkers or Sensitivity Testing and focuses on the assessment of the gut flora population.
• 50ml brown plastic stool jar
• 1 x specimen bag
• 1 x green lid sample jar (with preservative)
• 3 x yellow lid sample jar
• Padded postage satchel
• If you are currently taking antibiotics, only proceed with this collection two weeks after you have finished the course of the antibiotic therapy.
• Follow your usual diet prior to collecting the stool sample for testing.
• The stool sample should be collected in the morning; otherwise the first movement of the day.
• Natural laxatives can be used if constipation is problem. This includes herbal and nutritional supplements. Do not use pharmaceutical laxatives as these medication can alter results.
• If you have trouble collecting a stool over 3 consecutive days, it is acceptable to collect them within a maximum of 5 days from the first collection day, making sure the specimen is sent back as soon as the final collection is completed.