24hr Urine For Histamine/Methylhistamine
Caution: Acid Preservative has been added to the container.
- Store container out of reach of children.
- Do not discard acid preservative in container before commencing collection.
- Do not pass urine directly into the 24 hour urine container.
- Pass urine into another clean container first, for example an ice cream container or glass jar, then transfer the urine into the 24 hour urine container.
- Plan to start collecting urine at a certain time of day eg. 8am.
- At the starting time, pass urine and discard directly into toilet.
- From this point onwards, collect all urine in a clean plastic container, and then pour it into the specially provided collection bottle containing acid preservative.
- Collect all urine for the next 24 hours finishing at the same time as the collection started. Store sample during collection period in a cool place avoiding direct sunlight.
- When completed, return the sample to the nearest Healthscope Collection Centre.
24 Hour Urine Container with Acid Additive Available from any Clinical Labs Collection Centre
- List all medications on the pathology request form. Do not discontinue your medications.
- The special diet below must be followed for 24 hours prior to and during the test. Foods allowed are listed below.
Avoid the Following Foods:
FRUIT: Bananas, canned and fresh pineapple, plums, grapes, kiwifruit, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, oranges and citrus fruits, guava, mango, passionfruit and dried fruit
JAMS: Except apricot
VEGETABLES: Tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, broad beans, pickled vegetables (eg. sauerkraut)
ALL NUTS & SEEDS: Including peanut butter and tahini
DAIRY: All cheese and cheese spreads, yoghurt flavoured with nuts, muesli containing nuts or above fruits, chocolate yogo, banana, strawberry and chocolate flavoured milk, fruit smoothies
ALL FISH & SEAFOOD: Including canned, dried and salted fish and seafood
CHOCOLATE, COCOA & MILO
ALL PROCESSED MEATS: eg. Devon, salami, sausages, ham, chicken loaf, turkey loaf
CHUTNEYS: Malted or coloured vinegar, mayonnaise, tartare sauce
FERMENTED FOODS: Yeast extracts (eg. Marmite, Vegemite, fish paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, meat gravy)
ALCOHOL: All wine and beer (all fermented beverages)
The Following Foods are Allowed:
BREAD & CEREALS: All plain bread and breakfast cereals, whole meal and white flour products except those containing nuts, seeds, fruit, flavourings or fillings listed on page 1
FRESH FRUIT: Apples, pears, apricots, peaches, rockmelon, and watermelon only
VEGETABLES: All fresh vegetables not listed on page 1
COCONUT & COCONUT MILK DAIRY: Fresh milk, fresh cream, vanilla yoghurt, plain ice cream and custard, strawberry yogo (contains artificial strawberry flavouring and no strawberries)