- Collect three specimen jars from your nearest Australian Clinical Laboratories Collection Centre.
- Do not collect the first time you pass urine in the morning.
- Increase your fluid intake over the next few hours.
- Collect your next urine in the container provided. About 70ml of urine is required.
- Secure the lid firmly.
- Number and date each collection on the containers.
- Write your surname, first given name and date of birth on each container.
- Deliver to your nearest Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre on the same day of collection. If the delivery is delayed please refrigerate the specimen.
- Repeat steps 1 through 7 on days two and three.
The samples do not need to be collected on consecutive days.
- 3x 250ml Sterile Containers
Take care to ensure that the lids of all urine or sputum containers are threaded correctly and tightly closed before delivery to an Australian Clinical Labs Collection Centre.
The collection staff are required to check your details (surname, first given name, date of birth and date and time of collection on the container label) against the pathology request form to ensure the sample is matched to the doctor’s request. This is done to ensure the safety and security of reporting your test results.